Our website (the "site") and mobile application ("application") are made available by Genesis Financial Solutions, Inc. and/or Genesis FS Card Services, Inc. ("we," "us" or "our").
How the site responds to do-not-track signals
Our site does not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
- change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it;
- set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies.
Information We Collect
We collect two types of online information: Non-Personal Information and Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information: When you visit our site, we collect the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet and the domain you used to access the internet. In addition, we collect other information such as what browser type you are using, the type of operating system you have, and what website you may have come from and other information from your device settings. We may also collect navigational information such as pages visited, when they were visited and time spent on a particular page. This information is collected separately from personal information we collect. When you use our application, we collect you mobile device type, mobile network information, identity and location services, operating system, network connection, and last update of device.
Personal Information: In addition to the information described above, we may also gather personal information that you provide including, but not limited to, your:
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Account number, routing number, and name of financial institutions where you currently have an account and will use in connection with your credit product;
- Account activity, including transactions and payments;
- User name and password; and
- Other personal information used to verify your identity.
What are the sources from which we collect personal information about you?
We collect personal information when you register with our site or application, when you "contact us" through the site or application, when you make payments on your account, and when you use other services through the site or application. We may gather your product choice or other preferences and selections along with this personal information, and we may connect your personal information to the non-personal information that we also gathered. If we have other personal information about you or have information about you that is publicly available, we may use it in combination with the information we have collected online through the site or application. We collect information from cookies, web beacons, mobile application plug ins, or other similar technologies. We also collect information from third parties, such as marketing agencies, market research companies, credit reporting agencies, and identity verification service providers.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
- Engage in marketing, market research, and business development;
- Process your requests for credit;
- Communicate with you about your credit account and credit transactions;
- Process your payments;
- Provide you customer support and respond to your inquiries;
- Resolve complaints and disputes;
- Detect, investigate and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, such as fraud;
- Engage in risk profiling and other data analytics;
- Operate, improve, maintain, and ensure the security of our site and application
- Recognize you when you return to our site or application, store information about your preferences, and customize the site according to your individual interests;
- Comply with laws and regulations;
- Exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so; and
- Use in connection with any other legitimate business purpose permitted by applicable law.
Do we share your information with third parties?
We may share the information we collection about you with
- The issuing bank of your credit account;
- Our affiliates;
- Third-party service providers who provide services to us for the operation of this site and our business;
- Communication service providers;
- Merchants that partner with us;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Other companies in connection with a merger, acquisition, or the sale of assets;
- Third parties, including governmental authorities and law enforcement, to (i) protect or defend our legal rights, interests or property; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud; and (iv) comply with applicable law, subpoena or legal process;
- Third parties in an anonymized and aggregated manner; and
- Other third parties for fulfilment of services you request or any other business purpose permitted by applicable law.
Why do we share your information with third parties?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- When necessary to complete a financial transaction or transfer;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party such as a credit reporting agency or merchant;
- In order to comply with a government agency or court order;
- In the event that all or part of our assets are acquired, merged with, sold to, or otherwise disposed of to one or more third parties;
- As permitted or required by applicable law and/or regulation;
- If you give us written permission; or
- For any other reason listed above under "How do we use the information we collect about you?"
How do we protect your personal information?
What can you do to protect your personal information?
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password. We recommend that you choose a unique password which you do not use for any other accounts and that you change your password regularly. You agree to immediately notify us if your password and/or account has been accessed without your authorization or of any other breach of security. We are not responsible or liable for any losses or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
Can I review or request changes to personal information I have provided?
You can review your personal information through this site or application and may make changes to your address. To request a change of any other personal information, please call customer service at 1-800-958-2556.
What happens if I visit another website from this site?
Notice of Changes
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident who is a natural person, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides certain rights concerning your personal information, unless an exception applies. These exceptions include information subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). The information that we collect, use, and share is exempt from the CCPA as it is subject to the GLBA or subject to the FCRA.
May 5, 2021